In today’s rapidly growing and overtly modernizing world, the internet has become a basic necessity for every person on the planet. A decade ago, not more than half a billion people in the world used to have a smartphone. But today, more than 3.8 billion people in the world are smartphone users. This proves how smartphones and electronic gadgets, in general, are so vital to everyone on the Earth. One of the most basic applications of owning a smartphone is to access the internet. Different devices make sure we can access the internet 24×7. One of those is a router that provides you fast internet connection. Let us specifically talk about the SmartRG router brand.
In this article, we will see how you can easily log in to their SmartRG router’s IP. To know your IP, go through the table below and check it against your SmartRG router model:
|Sr. No.||Router Model||IP address|
|1.||SR310N, SR400ac SR505N, SR550n SR900ac, SR905ac||192.168.1.1|
How Do I Log Onto my SmartRG Router
A router can be used for a lot more than just getting internet. One can set parental controls, restrict or let the devices from accessing specific websites, etc. SmartRG also provides the feature of setting up a guest network for its customers. But to enjoy all these privileges, one ought to log onto the IP address of their router. Given below are three easy and simple methods by which you can do the same.
See also: Cisco Router Login – A Complete Guide
This is the easiest method. Enter the recurrently used combinations for the login page. That will then direct you to the users’ setup page. Given below are the steps you need to follow to get into your IP’s user interface.
- The first and foremost step is to make sure that your SmartRG router is connected to your PC. This can be done either over the LAN network, or through a wired ethernet connection. But it is preferred to do it in the second way. Check the indicators to see if the router is switched on/blinking.
- Next, open a web browser on your PC. It can be any web browser- Chrome, Firefox, or Edge. Later, carefully enter your SmartRG router’s IP into the URL bar. You may find the IP in the table given above. Cross-check once to see if you have entered the right digits at the right place. Ensure you do not confuse 0 for ’O’ or 1 for ‘I.’ Also, check if the periods are placed at the right positions. After verifying, select enter.
- On correctly performing the steps given above, you will see the login page on your web browser. A prompt will ask the user to enter their user IDs and passcode. Now, if you are not aware of the default user ID and passcode combination for your SmartRG router, there’s no need to panic!
Go through the table given below, which shows the most frequently used user ID and passcode combination for their respective IPs of the SmartRG brand. Look for your router’s IP and enter the respective credentials:
|Sr. No.||IP Address||User ID||Passcode|
If the combinations given above do not help, no need to worry! This method is pretty simple too.
You just have to track down a sticker at the rear/ bottom of your router box for this method. On this sticker, your router’s IP address credentials, along with some other details, will be written. It might also be printed on the router itself. Use this combination on your router like it is described in the method above.
If you have come this far, that means none of the two methods above have worked. It could also mean that you once set the credentials for your router, but you cannot seem to recall them now. I mean, it is understandable, given all of us probably have so many social media accounts’ credentials to memorize! Anyways, the last method to log onto your router’s IP is to reset your router.
You need to find a tiny hole at the rear of the router.
Then get a slender but sturdy tool like a toothpick. Also, don’t forget to make sure it is not very pointed. Next, insert this tool into the reset button.
Keep it pressed for around twenty to thirty seconds. On doing this, the router will automatically power off, and then it will switch back on. This means that the router has been reset.
Now, follow the steps discussed in the first method to log onto your router’s user page.
Troubleshooting errors of the SmartRG Router
On certain occasions, your router might start producing some unexpected issues. At first, you might not be able to recognize the problem, but trust me, most of the time it is nothing serious! Go through the troubleshooting options given below to mend your router’s issues:
- Check your SmartRG router’s connection to your PC. Even if someone accidentally slightly disturbs the cables, it might get disconnected.
- Try restarting the router by switching it off for some duration and then turning it back on.
- On your PC, turn off the firewall settings. This is because sometimes they might be preventing you from getting access to the internet.
It might be pretty clear to you now as to how you can log onto your SmartRG router. The troubleshooting options will help you get rid of any basic router errors without the help of a technician.
SmartRG is one of the best and leading companies that specializes in making network and communications equipment. It is an international brand that ADTRAN, Inc. acquired in 2018.
There are a lot of models that SmartRG manufactures. So if your router keeps giving you errors, you can replace it with a new one.
See also: How To Perform Etisalat Router Login | Complete Guide
Seth Myers is a 26-year-old hardware expert who enjoys badminton, cycling and watching television. He is kind and fun, but can also be very hardworking and a bit lazy. In his free time he loves binge-watching boxed sets.