IP addresses are a unique series of numbers that serve a specific role. These numbers are not any random numbers but specially designed codes that mark the location, a particular geographical area or the local network to which the device belongs. The full form of “IP” is “Internet Protocol.” The IP address 192.168.251.1 is reserved for modems and wireless routers. If you have an active internet connection at home, you are likely to be using a router for your internet connection.
A router is an electronic device that sets up a local area network and connects the system that is our devices to the internet. The router sends and receives data and information in the form of small packets. Every router has default settings that can be later changed on demand. For making changes in the router, one must login into their router, and thereupon can make the changes. In this article, we will be informed, how you can log in to your router.
How to Login to 192.168.251.1?
You can log in using the IP address of the router. Every router has an IP address which serves as a gateway pass for someone to enter the router. Search for the IP address of your router. Once you have your IP address follow these steps and you can easily login into the user interface of your router and make whatever changes you like.
- You need a device that can be connected to the internet. For example, smartphones, tablets, PCs, etc.
- Connect the device to the internet. Make sure the connection is stable or you may lose out while making changes if the page loses its connection.
- Open any browser of your choice, be it Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari or Lynx, etc.
- In the search bar type “192.168.251.1” or input http://192.168.251.1
- Entering this keyword will take you directly to the login page. There you will see the option to log in. After entering the correct details (username and password), hit enter.
And, you will be logged in to the homepage of the 192.168.251.1 admin router page. Now you should be able to make the required changes.
How to Know your IP Address?
To know your IP address in Windows, you can simply use the ipconfig command. This should show you your router’s IP address.
The other more general and lengthy procedure is:
- Type “Control Panel” in the search bar.
- Then in the Control Panel page search for the option “Network and Internet”
- Click on “Network and Tasks”
- You will find the name of your network listed there. Click on your network.
- Click on “Ethernet”. View all details or the properties. You will be able to see the IP address. In Windows, it is the Default Gateway. You will be able to see the IP address next to the Default Gateway.
How to Reset the Password?
It often happens that we change our passwords assuming this will be a better and easy password that we won’t forget but instead we forget it much sooner than the old one. In such a case, you will have to reset the router, that is the only option you have, in case you have forgotten your password.
- To reset your router, search for a small hole like button on your router.
- You might need a sim ejector pin or a toothpick to be able to press it.
- Press it using the tool and keep it for 20 to 30 seconds. This step will reset the router.
- Once you reset the router, the settings will restore to the default factory settings, now you will need your default username and password to log in to 192.168.251.1.
- If you don’t know your default username and password, look for the back of the router. The default username and password is imprinted on the router, either on the back of the router or the base of the router.
- Now you should be able to log in back using the Default username and password.
Make sure you type in the details correctly, avoid any typos or typing mistakes.
While it is completely your own choice we will suggest you change your password. In that case, your device is more secure.
How to Troubleshoot your Router Errors?
Reboot: Reboot your router, or in layman terms restart the router. This will help you to tackle most of the issues that you face regarding internet connectivity, or log in to 192.168.251.1. Simply open all the cables and wires from the router. Let it sit back for some seconds, then plug it back in. This will give your router a kickstart and it will start working afresh again.
Check All the Cables: Check whether your cables are loose, or have worn out and need to be replaced. You must tighten the ones which are loose, and make sure you properly connect and replace the old cables. Using damaged cables will result in connectivity inefficiency.
Overheating and Overloading: Check the temperature of your router, if it is too hot, switch it off for some time. Downloading large files over a longer period of time leads to the overloading of the device and in turn overheats the router. Overheating may result in damaging the device, and you can’t log in to 192.168.251.1. Check for the vents, whether they are open or blocked. Vents should not be blocked and should be properly ventilated. There should be a free flow of air. Make sure you keep your router in a good ventilated space.
Popular Brands who use 192.168.251.1 as their login IP :
DSL Wireless Router
Default username: sweex
Default password: mysweex
Default username: sweex
Default password: mysweex
The brand Sweex uses 192.168.251.1 as its login IP address. But that does not mean all the routers of this particular brand use the same IP address. So, one must be very sure about the IP address of the particular router that they are using.
Seth Myers is a 26-year-old hardware expert who enjoys badminton, cycling and watching television. He is kind and fun, but can also be very hardworking and a bit lazy. In his free time he loves binge-watching boxed sets.