With each passing decade, the use of modern networking is rising. All the devices such as modems, routers, etc accessing the network come with an IP address of their own commonly known as default gateway or built-in IP address. IP address like 192.168.16.1 comes in default with the devices and is generally used to access the admin panel of the provider network. And with the access to admin panel, the current network settings can be modified.
About the IP address 192.168.16.1
Network settings are essential to configure the network and keep the router working under surveillance. The default gateways commonly known as default IP address 192.168.16.1 are the source to the admin panel. And the newly bought routers needs default credentials to access the admin panel.
The Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA) has made it specific that all the IP address containing 192.168.X.X are to be termed under the default IP address. And among the array of default IP addresses available 192.168.16.1 is the most commonly used of them all.
To access the network setting under the admin panel you will require the default credentials of the new router, and you can find the same written under 192.168.16.1. The user interface for the admin panel is different for a different manufacturer. IP addresses have different significances too. One, they make communication between various devices possible and secondly they provide access to the admin’s panel
See Also :
- 192.168.254.254 Router Login, Username & Password
- 192.168.100.1 Admin Login Page, Username & Password
- 192.168.178.1 Router Login, Username And Password
How to login IP address 192.168.16.1?
Logging into 192.168.16.1 or any other default browser is not a big task. Manufacturers have already set a pair of username and password for you to log into the admin panel.
Follow the steps underlined below to get access to the admin panel.
1. Open the web browser in your system and make sure it is up to Date.
2. Now type 192.168.16.1 in the address bar and hit enter.
3. This will load a page and ask you to enter default username and Password.
4. Type the default username and password in their respective Sections.
5. After a few seconds, admin panel will appear on your window which contains all the network settings.
You will find the default username and password written somewhere on the router, but for some reason you are unable to read text on the back of the router, we have provided you with few sets of username and password for 192.168.16.1 in the table below.
See Also :
- 192.168.2.1 Router Login Guide, Username & Password
- 192.168.0.1 Admin Login, IP, Username & Password
- 192.168.10.1 Router Login, Username And Password
What if you forget the login credentials?
Since we are humans, we are prone to forgetting things. But what should you do in case you forgot the login credentials? The only option left now is to reset the router into its original state, means to reset into the state received from the manufacturer. To reset your router with 192.168.16.1 as the IP Address to its original state following the steps below:
1. Find any pointed object such as a safety pin or a compass,
2. Now look for a button on the back side of the router through a Narrow opening.
3. Press and hold the button for at least 5-10 seconds.
4. Now all the lights on the router will turn off and turn on all at Once.
5. Now your router with 192.168.16.1 as IP Address is reset to the original state, i.e., the state as Received by the manufacturer. And all the network settings are also gone.
6. Now the default username and password might be working.
[Note: Resetting password is only beneficial when the default login credentials are known. And all the network setting are also reset with the hard reset]
The admin panel is an important aspect when it comes to the routers and modems. The admin panel has tons of configuration that prepare you for situations such as when the proxy is needed to be applied or block some users from the network, change the network name or password, etc. And 192.168.16.1 is one of the standard IP address found as the default IP address.
The public network can access not all IP address. 192.168.16.1 is one of them.It is one of the 16-bit blocks of the private Ipv4 address space, containing 65536 private IP addresses.
The typical devices using the 192.168.16.1 as default IP address are 3com, Belkin, Bountiful WiFi, buffalo, card king, etc. However, 126.96.36.199 is more popular in home routers and modem.
Seth Myers is a 26-year-old hardware expert who enjoys badminton, cycling and watching television. He is kind and fun, but can also be very hardworking and a bit lazy. In his free time he loves binge-watching boxed sets.