Routers are a true lifesaver in a modern office environment. In the past, it used to take a lot of wires and components to get connected to a network like 192.168.100.1. Since routers came to market, it has changed the way of internet connectivity. One can set up a connection with the internet by just connecting with the wireless network (commonly by the Wi-Fi) or can also form a connection to desktops through physical cable (Ethernet).
Every router, modem, etc. have their default IP address. All the devices that access the Network have their in-built IP address which is known default IP address or default gateway.
Now every connection should have their boundaries and limitations. To get control of these an IP address 192.168.100.1 initiated. It commonly is known as admin page login, and it’s essential for a network. It allows the user to set up limitation and boundaries to a network. The user can change the speed limit, speed limit, password, network name and network type by this IP address. Make sure you don’t confuse it with 192.168.1.100 or 192.168.0.100
About IP Address: 192.168.100.1
Setting up a network is easy. The tough part of it is to add restrictions. The admin panel helps the user setting up these constraints. This helps the router to work under surveillance. This panel is known as default IP address, and it can be accessed by anyone who has the password and login ID to it. A newly bought router user has to follow credentials to set these entities.
The IP address 192.168.100.1 is one of the primary and most famous IP used in the industry. You can apply this only on private networks. This IP can specify the device which can use this network. This is now the most used default admin IP by famous router brands.
192.168. X.X has been chosen as the default IP addresses by Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA). It is a fact that every IP address falling into the 192.168.X.X category is the default IP address.
To set up the network under admin panel, follow the credentials which the router brand gives. Initially, the password to the panel is mentioned under the router near the default IP address 192.168.100.1.
The interface of the admin panel depends on the router company, and it may vary from one to one. Every IP has its significance. Every IP has its application.Use these to connect peers and access the admin panel.
See Also :
- 192.168.0.254 Router Login Guide, Username and Password
- 192.168.1.10 Router Login, Username And Password
- 192.168.1.254 Admin Login Page, Username & Password
How To Login And Configuration
To login into the IP address, 192.168.100.1 or any other default address is not that hard but rather easy if you follow all the credentials correctly.
There’s always a default login ID and password provided by the manufacturer. The problem arises when the user forgets the credentials.
Follow these steps to access the login page:
- Open the web browser which must be up to date
- Now type 192.168.100.1 or your default IP in the URL address bar and press the enter button.
- A page display on your screen demanding the admin user ID and password. Type the default user ID and password in their respective area. (provided by the
- After some time a page will load, i.e., the admin panel. You can see and change the settings on it.
- As mentioned above the default ID and password can be found behind the router. If any problem is there for which you’re unable to see the credential sticker, then try using these default commonly used credentials for 192.168.100.1.
As we know human memory takes a lot of input in a day and process it, so it’s normal that it tends to forget things. It’s normal that we forget the password and user ID for 192.168.100.1 and in that case should we need to be worried? What should we need to do?
In this case, we have to put the router into factory settings (how it came from the manufacturer). This step is only beneficial when you don’t know the password and username.
Steps to reset the router
1. Find a sharp end tool such as the compass, needle, etc. Now, try to look for the button the back side of the router through the narrow opening.
2. Press that button for approximately 5-10 seconds and keep holding it.
3. Now, all the lights on the router will turn off and turn on again all at once. After this, your reset is in the reset state, i.e., passwords and username set earlier other than the default password are not valid anymore.
4. Also, the settings on the router are now gone. Now, the default password and username will be working, and you can log in. Settings are now again as per one’s preference.
5. It’s only beneficial when we have the old username and password. It will reset all the setting we had done.
See Also :
- 192.168.2.1 Router Login Guide, Username & Password
- 192.168.1.3 Admin Login, Password, and IP [Complete Guide]
- 192.168.0.50 Router Login, Username & Password
So, 192.168.100.1 is one of the standard IP address which we can use as the default gateway. It is an essential aspect for any user in the network. It has tons of configuration that helps the router go through many circumstances. It’s not accessible by public networks.
Router can do these things.
Helps to apply proxy
Block some particular device
Change the network name
Change the network password
Set up a speed limit
Set up connection type (LAN, WAN, etc.)
Many brands now use this as the default IP. This is popular as the default IP of home routers, wireless routers and modem, and mobile hotspots. So we can conclude that the admin page IP 192.168.100.1 is handy in modern day technology and helps us having an ideal network irrespective of its size. It also allows us to have a secure and safe controlled network. It’s a lifesaver in the modern day technology.
Seth Myers is a 26-year-old hardware expert who enjoys badminton, cycling and watching television. He is kind and fun, but can also be very hardworking and a bit lazy. In his free time he loves binge-watching boxed sets.