Hi Techies! I hope you all are taking good care of your health. Carrying on the series, we are back with the much-awaited article on 192.168.1.4 IP Address. We have penned down all related facts in one frame and expect it as a comprehensive guide for you all. Initiating the login procedure to troubleshooting errors, you will get all required sections elaborated at length.
What is 192.168.1.4
Alike 192.168.0.100 and 192.168.0.101 IP Addresses, 192.168.1.4, also falls into the category of Type C private network. Most home and private networks prefer to deploy 192.168.1.4 for securing their local network. It enables you to restrict the unwanted potential malicious access to your local network. Cottage and private networks are usually attacked with such mischievous intent to breach data confidentiality.
So, no worries at all! Since 192.168.1.4 is recorded under Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) and works on worldwide accepted standards. Devoid of public internet access, it acts like a Default Gateway IP for all the devices connected within your network range.
There is an automatic set up of assigning 192.168.1.4 to the devices connected in your local network. However, manual assignment needs expert assistance to avoid IP address conflicts. Billion, Cabac, Comtrend, Crypto, Linksys, MyTech, NETGEAR, Pirelli, Telewell, and Westell are the top router companies that widely utilize 192.168.1.4.
How to Login into 192.168.1.4
If you efficiently manage your email and social media accounts, then logging in to 192.168.1.4 is not at all harsh. You need to perform the tasks as stated in the below steps carefully. There is no rush to anything, thus, follow the guidelines patiently!
- The first step includes proper network setup between your device and the router. Double verify the connectivity before going to further steps. Ignoring even a small loose connection will ask you to re-perform the complete procedure.
- In this step, you will execute further processes on a browser. Open a smooth running browser and write down 192.168.1.4 in its address bar. Once you complete it, check the typed IP address 192.168.1.4 twice and tap “Enter.”
- The crucial step! You have got the login page of your Administration Panel in front of you. Write down the default username and password over there and press “Enter.” If you have altered the login credentials, please login with the changed ones. In case you have no idea about the login details, attempt the steps communicated for forgotten credentials.
- Logged in? Kudos! We cannot deny the fact that what it costs when you struggle for the missing login details for 192.168.1.4
Now, this is the interface of the router’s configuration settings from where you can manage and control everything. Before making any modifications in the sensitive settings, do refer to the expert assistance.
What to do if you forget the router’s username and password
Typically, the default login details of the router are available in its user manual. You can cross-check it over there before proceeding for other methods. Unfortunately, if you have misplaced the user manual or could not find the login details in it, relax! We’ll help you out the best we can!
Let’s attempt a hit and trial method. Maybe your browser turns out your lucky charm. This method works in most cases, and we expect the same for you. Open the browser, write down your router’s name in the address bar and press “Enter.” You will find the list of multiple pages having complete details of your router along with the default login details of 192.168.1.4 IP Address.
What to do If This Didn’t Work As Well
Go for the last but not least! Restoring the router to its factory settings is the only left solution to retrieve the default login credentials. Referring to the expert assistance, perform the below-stated steps cautiously:
- The first step includes locating the “Reset Button”! Generally, it is available at the backside of the router, tiny in size, and enabled with LED.
- Another most crucial step! In this step, you need to work out on the reset button. Thus, it is advisable to go for a toothpick or pin to avoid any accident. Now, using either of them, carefully press the reset button for around 20-30 seconds. Immediately release the toothpick or pin as soon as the LED starts blinking.
- Ultimately, your router will restore to the default settings. You can finally login to the administration panel of 192.168.1.4 with the default login credentials.
How to troubleshoot router errors
The following are some of the errors we have configured along with the solutions.
Every time Redirecting to “This webpage is not available”
- Potentially, you must be writing down 192.168.1.4 wrongly in the browser. If you have already faced many failed attempts, directly paste http://192.168.1.4 in the browser and press “Enter.”
- Still, reflecting the same error? Then, it is hinting to work out the connectivity part. Your network setup must not be established accurately. In the case of wireless connection, it must have issues with improper synchronization with signals. Similarly, in a wired connection, there must be loopholes in the connection between cables and Ethernets. Double verify all the connections and re-connect!
- At last, try switching off and on the router. In the maximum cases, it fixes connectivity issues. If nothing works, lock your complaint at your router’s customer care service center!
How to trace the Router’s IP Address
To trace the IP Address of your router, execute the tasks as guided below:
- Press “Window+R” or tap on the “Start” menu and write down “cmd” in the search box.
- A black window pops out in front of you that is known as “Command Prompt.” Now, write down “ipconfig” and tap “Enter.”
- The black window will reflect all your network details along with the IP address 192.168.1.4 mentioned against “Default Gateway.”
Procedure to alter the IP Address
- Following the login process, as explained above, please log in to the administration panel.
- In this step, go to the tab “Setup”, move the cursor to “Network Settings,” and finally tap “Router Settings.”
- Once you reach out there, enter here the new IP Address along with the subnet mask of your router.
- When you complete all the modifications, re-check, and enter “Save Settings”! The IP Address 192.168.1.4 will now change.
This is all about 192.168.1.4 type C private network! We strongly recommend you to shield your network with such IPs and protect your prime data. We hope our article is worthwhile for all your queries. Don’t forget to share your feedback in the comment box. We would appreciate your acknowledgment!
Seth Myers is a 26-year-old hardware expert who enjoys badminton, cycling and watching television. He is kind and fun, but can also be very hardworking and a bit lazy. In his free time he loves binge-watching boxed sets.
- 1 What is 192.168.1.4
- 2 How to Login into 192.168.1.4
- 3 What to do if you forget the router’s username and password
- 4 How to troubleshoot router errors
- 5 Conclusion