The definition of an Internet Protocol address (IP address) is the official numerical system that responds for each device connected to a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication.According to Reserved IP addresses, there are 588,514,304 private addresses, and since there are 4,294,967,296 IPv4 addresses in total, there are 3,706,452,992 public addresses. One of them 192.168.1.18 is an IP address. The topic for discussion is IP address 192.168.1.18 in this article.
This IP address is used inside a Local Area Network (LAN). So it is private IP and invisible IP address. As it is a private IP address, so it is defined in RFC 1918 (IPv4).
It is not suitable for extensive networks. Because by using this IP address you can only connect 254 devices. Though 254 seems like a large number, if you count the devices associated with each computer system, this number becomes very small. Therefore this IP address is used to a computer within a private home and small business.
192.168.1.18 belongs to class C IP address.
To access IP address 192.168.1.18 from the internet at first setup port forwarding on your router. Opening specific ports can allow games, servers and other applications to work through the usual security of your router that otherwise does not permit connections to these ports, though having open ports also leaves your network vulnerable to attacks.
- 192.168.0.254 Router Login Guide, Username and Password
- 10.0.0.1 Router Login Guide, Username & Password
- 192.168.1.10 Router Login, Username And Password
How to login the IP address 192.168.1.18?
For using this IP address at first, you have to log in this IP address. Unless you are not able to use this IP address. Login IP address is a primary task to use any IP address. For login this IP address you have to complete some step.
The steps are as follows:
- Open the web browser of your device system, and make sure it is an updated version of the web browser.
- Type 192.168.1.18 in the address bar and press enter
- A page will open and ask you for a default password and username.
- Type the default password and username in the respective space and press the enter key
- Now the admin panel of 192.168.1.18 will now open up. Using this page, you can configure your devices easily. In this web page, you can change your internet connection type from static to dynamic, or you can also change the name of your network.
What if you forget the username and password?
It is a massive problem that forgetting username and password to login to 192.168.1.18. But It is not an issue of any panic. This problem has a solution.
For recover, this problem follow these steps-
- Most routers have a pinhole button on back or bottom. At first, find that pinhole button
- Press and hold the button about 10sec.
- Now you can see the lights of the router will be on and off.
- This action restores all default settings, and you are allowed to use the factory default username and password.
- Now you change the password whatever you want, and you need to re-enter any configuration settings that were in respective place before the restart
- 192.168.8.1 Admin Login, Username, Password & IP
- 192.168.1.4 Admin Login, Username and Password
- How to Login to the Xfinity Router? [Complete Guide]
The IP address 192.168.1.18 is suitable for use at home and small business. You can use it without seeking any license from the authorities. The admin panel has many features for stable the router in any situation.
When you have to need to change your internet connection type from static to dynamic or also change the bandwidth or even the name of your network you can do these. Many popular router brands like 3com, 3ware, Account, etc. are using this IP address
Seth Myers is a 26-year-old hardware expert who enjoys badminton, cycling and watching television. He is kind and fun, but can also be very hardworking and a bit lazy. In his free time he loves binge-watching boxed sets.