Hey Geeks! I hope you all are doing great. If you have recently heard about 10.0.0.138 and on the lookout for its complete guide, then here you go. In this article, we will explore 10.0.0.138 at length, that you should thoroughly know before deploying it practically.
You might know if establishing a secure internet connection; we require routers, modems, and IP address of the system. Thus, 10.0.0.138 is a default router IP address, predominantly used for private networks. The best part of this Default Gateway IP address is that one cannot trace it geographically. Hence, it has become the top choice of brands like Linksys, Netgear, Netcomm, Siemens, Alcatel, Thomson, D-Link, and Huawei.
The unique features of 10.0.0.138 enable wireless programs to secure Wi-Fi networks dynamically and process data packets via default gateways. Further, it facilitates WPA/WPA 2 encryptions that protect the entire community of the Wi-Fi network. The network set up executed with 10.0.0.138 IP address serves simple and convenient administration settings over the whole private network. Hence, the administrator can efficiently allocate different IP addresses that smoothly manage printers, smartphones, FAX machines, computers, laptops, etc.
How to Login into 10.0.0.138?
Simple and quite similar to logging any Email or Social Media Account. Yes! You read it right. We are pretty sure you won’t believe us, so let us thoroughly have a look at the below-mentioned steps:
- Properly connect your system with the router, and once the connection is established successfully, open the browser of your choice.
- Now, enter 10.0.0.138 in the address bar of the browser and press “Enter” from your keyboard. You can also directly paste http://10.0.0.138 over there to avoid any confusion in typing.
- It will direct you to a Login Page, which is the Administration Panel of your router. Next, you need to input the default login credentials over there. In case you have changed it, please input the latest changed credentials.
- Completed all the above three steps? It will further direct you to the settings and configuration interface of your router. From here, you can manage the administrative control of all the devices connected within your network. If you further wish to change your username and password, you can easily get it done from the “Settings” Tab, but make sure to save it somewhere safe.
What to do if you forget the router’s, 10.0.0.138, username and password?
Reset the device to the factory settings! However, we recommend you to go for the expert assistance before directly implementing it on the practical ground. For your convenience, we have elaborated below the complete process step-wise:
- First of all, find the reset button in your router. Fundamentally, it is tiny in size and usually available at the backside of the device.
- Now, go for either a toothpick or any sharp object like a pin. With the help of it, press the reset button carefully for the next 20-30 seconds.
- Finally, your router has been restored to the default settings and again initiate with the complete login process for 10.0.0.138.
How to troubleshoot router errors in 10.0.0.138?
The below are three methods that will help you to troubleshoot router errors in your IP address, 10.0.0.138.
Unable to Access the Router’s Administration Panel
- Fundamentally it occurs due to typo error while writing the IP address. It has been observed instead of writing 10.0.0.138. People tend to mistake it as either 10.0.138 or 10.0.0.0.138.
- Secondly, it occurs due to poor connection establishment! Thus, in the case of a wired connection, make sure that all the cables are securely well-connected. Similarly, in the case of a wireless connection, you need to ensure whether the signal is consistent or not. At last, in both cases, you can go for the option of switching off and on the router. If even these aren’t working, you have to contact the customer care service of the brand.
Unable to find the Router’s IP Address:
Most of the people face such issue when they input 10.0.0.138 in the browser and find it’s not working. Before executing the login process, you should be aware of your router’s IP address. If you are unable to locate it yet, please go through the following steps for both Windows and MAC.
- Go to the start menu and input “cmd” in the search box. Now, you must be seeing a black window pop up, commonly known as Command Prompt. One more alternative way to have access to Command Prompt! Directly press Window Button+ R and type “cmd” in the search box. Both the ways would work out for you.
- Now, input “ipconfig” in the Command Prompt and press “Enter” from your keyboard.
- The window would give you an output within a fraction of seconds. All your network details are available, go to the line where “Default Gateway” is mentioned. The IP Address referred against it your router’s IP Address.
- Press Command + Spacebar and type “terminal” in the search bar.
- You must be seeing a display which is called the Terminal Screen. Now, input “ipconfig” in the Terminal Screen and press “Enter” from your keyboard.
- The screen will serve you all network details mentioning your required router’s IP Address.
Want to change the Router’s IP Address:
- Since now, you are aware of your router’s IP Address, thus, initiate with the complete process of login as elaborated above.
- After that on Administration Panel, click on Setup. Then, Network Settings, and finally on Router Settings.
- Once you reach your destination page, input the new IP Address and subnet mask of your router.
- At last, you need to save the settings changed by clicking on “Save Settings.” Finally, the IP Address of your router has been changed.
There is no second thought that how 10.0.0.138 is useful in maintaining a secure private network. Starting from the background, we have covered all possible pieces of information required for establishing an internet connection. We hope we have come up with the solution to your doubts regarding the router, 10.0.0.138. If still, you have something that you want us to write for you! Do mention your queries in the comment section below, and we would try our level best to sort out them.
Seth Myers is a 26-year-old hardware expert who enjoys badminton, cycling and watching television. He is kind and fun, but can also be very hardworking and a bit lazy. In his free time he loves binge-watching boxed sets.